Our community is located in the Newton County School System.
The website is www.newtoncountyschools.org. Please click the link to get enrollment, calendar, bus routes, menus, and other important information concerning resources to assist your child in their education and personal development.
What school will my child attend?
- Alcovy Rd. - Flint Hill Elementary, Cousins Middle and Eastside High School
- Taylor St. - Middle Ridge Elementary, Indian Creek Middle, and Newton High School
- Holmes Ct. - Porterdale Elementary, Clements Middle, and Newton High School
After School Programming
Newton County School System was awarded a 21st Century Community Learning Centers grant to expand the ASAP, targeting children identified as needing after‐school services and remediation, but whose families cannot afford the tuition‐based program already in place. The 21st Century CLC provides federal funds to establish or expand community learning centers that operate during out-of-school hours and that have three specific purposes:
- To provide opportunities for academic enrichment and tutorial services
- To offer students a broad array of additional services, programs, and activities to reinforce and complement the regular academic program; and
- To offer families of 21st CCLC students opportunities for literacy and related educational development
Funding from the program has allowed the district to serve 850 additional students tuition-free in the ASAP in 12 locations: Fairview, Flint Hill, Heard Mixon and West Newton elementary schools; Clements, Cousins, Indian Creek, Liberty, and Veterans Memorial middle schools; Alcovy, and Eastside high schools, and the Washington Street Community Center.
Ms. Deena J. Sams, Licensed Associate Professional Counselor (LAPC)
Director of After-School and Community Affairs
Phone: (770) 787-1330, ext. 1271